Friday 1 January 2016

New Year Resolutions 2016

Happy New Year everybody! I hope you all have a lovely New Year’s Eve and have a great day today. My mum is cooking a dinner today for the family to get together and celebrate the start of 2016, which will be the perfect way to shift this hangover! 2015 had some real lows and also some great highs. I always feels like the start of a new year is the perfect excuse to forget about the lows, brush them off and move onwards, however I do always think it is a good time to reflect on all the good times and be thankful for what we have!

In 2015 me and Rob moved in to our first flat together, which now looks fabulous and feels very homely. I passed my qualifications, got myself a permanent accountancy job and bought my lovely new car! I went to ladies day, to watch Nicki Minaj and had the most fantastic trip to York, I’ve had some great times with my family and my friends.
I know some people are not fond of New Years Resolutions because they think that people never stick to them, or that we should be doing things throughout the year not waiting until January or because they are pointless promises to ourselves, but they are something that I feel really strongly about them. It’s the perfect opportunity to wipe the slate clean, forget about all the mistakes and have a fresh start. So here are some of my resolutions for 2016!

1.    Lose Weight – I know some people think this is a pointless resolution but I set this for my 2014 resolution and I lost 2 and a half stone by my August summer holiday, not only am I planning on losing weight, but also getting fit and being healthy! Because a healthy body is also a healthy mind
2.    Continue on with my accountancy studies - I feel like my whole life has been spent revising and studying, which can be quite draining, but this year after a two month break, I will get back on track with my exams and organise my time better and be more prepared
3.    Make more time for important people – sometimes I find myself wanting to sit in and watch tele instead of making memories with people that count. After a long day at work, a couple of hours revising and making dinner, my evening can sometimes be over before I know it, but this year I want to take more time out to see my friends and family
4.    Be positive – this sounds ridiculous I know, but sometimes it very easy to see the negatives in a situation instead of the positives. This year I want to have more of a can do attitude to ensure I embrace every opportunity I have instead of finding reasons not to do them.
5.    Read More – I have never been a reader, the last book I read was in school, I have recently found a book that I have had for years and never read, it seems like a bit of a rom com and I am thoroughly enjoying it. This year I am going to read more books and watch the TV less, normally to find down before bed I scroll through social media, which can’t be healthy for the mind! If you have any great (easy) books to read then please leave me some suggestions – remember I am a beginner!
6.    Cook Different things – I find myself cooking the same things for dinner over and over again, then getting bored and ordering take aways, this year I am going to search for new exciting recipes to try out and create some healthy exciting meals.
7.    Be More Tidy – my studies and job require me to be so organised that sometimes the rest of my life falls behind, this year I plan to keep everything tidy and organised, to be more on top of food shopping, cleaning, cooking lunches in advance and finally keeping my makeup table tidy!

My main aim this year is to be happier, less stressed and healthier! Please let me know what your resolutions are because I would love to know! Good luck with yours and I wish you all the love and happiness in the world for 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment