Sunday 10 July 2016

June 16 Favourites

I feel like I haven’t written a post in forever! During the past month I have been so busy with work and also planning some super exciting things for the blog. Me and Rob also went on holiday to Whitby which was so nice and relaxing. So now that I am back I think it’s about time I told you about my June favourites. I hope you had an amazing month!


The Body Shop Piñita Colada Body Sorbet
I am absolutely in love with this. I love the smell of a Piñita Colada and this smells exactly the same, it is so Summery! The reason why the Body Sorbets are so perfect for Summer is because it is so thin and goes on lightly. The last thing I feel like doing in the Summer is smothering myself in a body butter and feeling slimey and covered in product. It leaves skin feeling really moisturised and nourished, but also feels light and fresh.

Astral Moisturiser
I know this moisturiser is such a staple and you probably already have one. But if you don’t you should definitely give it a try. It is super thick and very greasy so I tend to use it as an overnight face moisturiser. When my skin is feeling dry and like it needs a quick pick me up, I lather this on my face before I go to sleep and when I wake up my skin is completely different. It is amazing and definitely keeps dry patches at bay.

Maybelline Dream Velvet Matte Foundation – 10 Ivory
It was about time that they revamped the dream matte mousse and brought it back! This instantly takes me back to my teenage days of piling on foundation that was 2 shades too dark in the toilets at school accompanied by my favourite light blue eye shadow (the shame!). This foundation goes on really well, it is so creamy so it’s definitely better to apply with a damp makeup sponge. It blends so easily and looks flawless. The colours choice isn’t the best and the Ivory shade is a bit too light for me but it has still been a firm favourite for all of June.

MAC Burgundy Times Nine
I think I must have spoken about this palette before because it is full of Autumn/Winter shadows, but I have been reaching for this palette for the whole of June. There are a few nude natural shadows in the palette which I have been using none stop, I’ve been loving mixing them up and creating some cool toned nude looks with it. You can be as subtle or as bold as you like with this palette so it is great for all year round.

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara
This mascara is great for adding volume to lashes, the wand has cup-shaped stiff bristles so it adds a lot of thickness. It creates a dramatic look which I absolutely love, it isn’t great at adding length but if you are already blessed with long lashes then this would be perfect for you.

Absolute New York Velvet Lippie – AVL01 Rumba
This is a velvet matte lip cream, it feels so creamy and nourishing on the lips. The cream is really matte but it doesn’t really dry down which means that it feels super comfortable but means that it doesn’t last too long. But the colour is absolutely gorgeous, it is such a bright coral pink. It is amazing for summer and brightens up any look. I definitely want to try out some more of their colours.

I hope you’ve all had a fantastic day and I will catch up with you soon!!
What have you been loving this month?

Have you tried any of these products, what did you think?

2 comments:

  1. That MAC palette looks great, definitely shades that I would wear on a daily basis! I love MAC eye shadows:)

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so lovely! I adore the Body Shop Pinita Colada scent, I wish I had picked up the sorbet! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete