Wednesday 22 October 2014

I've Been Tagged!

I've Been Tagged!!


I have only just found myself a minute to do this – bit ashamed of myself for being so busy – but I was Tagged by Becca Brown @itsonlybecc (who is also a new blogger like myself – check out her blog it’s great, itsonlybec.com) to take part in the ‘Liebster Award’ which was created in order to build the followers of new fashion and beauty bloggers and extend the blogging community.

So this is how it works:
1) Answer the questions sent to you
2) Nominate 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers on twitter
3) Ask them 11 questions thought of by yourself
4) Notify them that they have been nominated




My Answers


Name your top three bloggers.

My top three must consist of Vivianna Does Makeup. She is absolutely gorgeous, I have always watched her on Youtube and she was definitely one of my inspirations for getting into beauty blogging. I also absolutely love Tayna Burr and Fleur De Force. All three are quite different but thats what I love, you can get loads of different tips for different things and occasions.


What has made me happy today?

I’m working from home today and my boyfriend came round at lunch and surprised me with a sandwich – amazing what a Tesco meal deal can do. The small, thoughtful things are definitely noted.


What is my favourite place and why?

My favourite place in the whole world has to be Turtle Island off of the coast of Marmaris, Turkey. It is a beautiful place, the water is gorgeous. I went a few years back, and had a Turkish mud bath. It was so relaxing and great for your skin. If you're lucky enough you get to see hundreds of turtles, it's amazing! It feels like a totally different world!


Where do you think is the most stylish city?

New York – it absolutely has to be. I’ve been saving up for a trip to New York for as long as I can remember – I will get there one day!!


What is your favourite magazine to read?

It’s a tough choice, I’d have to pick Closer. I LOVE reading real life stories as well as reading the fashion, beauty and celeb pages. So it has to be Closer because it has bits of everything. Such a juicy mag!


Do you like to think about facts or fiction?

Facts! I am definitely more of a realist than a fantasist. Even though I regularly wish it was the other way round. I’m an accountant so I deal with facts and figures all day long, and you get pretty used to dealing with them. I’m very organised and like to know exactly what I’m dealing with. Very much a strategic thinker.


What does the last text you received say?

It is from my mum saying that she has landed. My parents have jetted off to Cyprus this morning (I am extremely jealous) so she was letting me know that she landed safe and sound.


What do you think is the most successful fashion brand?

This is such a difficult question to answer. There are SO many successful fashion brands in the world and it would be impossible for me to pick one, and there's not much point me sitting here and naming Gucci and Prada because they’re a given. So I’m going to talk about the most successful high street fashion brands. Topshop is definitely one, I think it’s a great store and is very  innovative  constantly coming up with fresh ideas and almost dominating the competition. However I have a very big soft spot for River Island – I always have. I think it is a gorgeous brand and every product they have is of high quality. I never walk out of River Island empty handed. I also love New Look and I am desperate to try their new beauty range. And I also love Matalan – I very often go in and find exactly the outfit I am looking for at a fraction of the price of other stores – it is definitely under rated.


What was your last meal?

My ham and cheese sandwich!


Are you a feminist?


I am indeed! I love being a feminist! But one thing that I really hate is when women throw shade on other women for expressing themselves. It’s bad enough that women were repressed for so many years, and now fellow women are trying to repress us. Nothing upsets me more than women slating other women’s looks and how they act and present themselves. Everyone is different and that's what makes this world so interesting. We should be supporting eachother to achieve our goals and to be successful – not trying to put others down to make ourselves look or feel better. Just live and let live. We should unite and learn how to embrace and encourage other women – Girl power all the way!


What is my outfit of the day?

As I'm working from home today, my outfit isn't very exciting! Black Leggins and a grey hoody! I won't offend you all by posting a picture!



I've Tagged You!


@all_over_this

@GirlOfTwoHalves
@VintageRose_9
@claudia407ify
@JoannaLouiseBea
@Beauty7products
@itsjustphilippa
@Canvas_ofa_face
@LilyBonesx
@FashionWorld_xo
@itschelsea_



Questions


1) What inspired you to start your blog?

2) What 3 cosmetic products could you not live without?
3) What are the first 3 things you do when you wake up?
4)  What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
5)  What is the most under rated beauty brand and why?
6) What is your biggest pet peeve?
7)  One piece of blogging advice for your new fellow bloggers
8) What is your signature make up look?
9) What is your latest cosmetic product craze?
10) How are you finding your new blogging lifestyle?
11) What is your best style/beauty/fashion tip?


No comments:

Post a Comment