Now I'm sure many of you drink lots and lots of water throughout the day, but for me I find it really quite hard to do. It's not that I dislike water, I actually really quite enjoy it! It's just that I forget! For some reason I don't like drinking water with meals, I prefer a drink with flavour, and other than when I'm eating, I could go all day without having another drink. Because I never feel thirsty I forget to drink water.
Now we all know that we should be drinking at least 2 litres of water every day and the health benefits of doing this, so I decided that for one week I would do just that. Drink at least 2 litres of water throughout the day and see if I could tell any benefits after just one week.
Now for some of you, you'll be sat there reading this thinking that this can't be a challenge because you always drink that much water. But I found this much harder than I thought I would. On two days I had gone to the end of the day and only managed to drink 1 litre so had to down two bottles of water in bed. This was obviously not a very clever idea and I spent most of my night getting up and going to the toilet. The day I found the hardest was on Sunday when I was hungover, all I wanted was tea and crisps and the thought of having water swishing around in my stomach was not helping my nausea, but I powered through, and I found that my hangover subsided much quicker than my friends' did.
That's me on the morning of day one. I've never really suffered from acne, even through my teens, however I sometimes get one of two very small ones. On this picture, if you look closely you can see them.
Now here are some of the things that I noticed that happened after JUST ONE WEEK of drinking water.
(note: I haven't changed any other part of my beauty routine or diet)
- My skin has always been combo skin, I have oily bits and dry bits. But this has taken out all of the dryness out of my skin. ALL OF IT! I mean that. It hasn't helped with oiliness at all, but the dry patches have totally disappeared. This is by far the best part of this little experiment.
- My spots have disappeared.
- My energy levels haven't changed at all, I still do the same amount of exercise and fall asleep at the same time. HOWEVER getting up in the morning has definitely gotten easier, for some reason I've just been getting up, no fighting with the alarm clock
- Now I'm not sure if this is coincidence or if this is due to the extra water, but everyone around me at work and my family have all been ill with colds and flu, and I haven't caught it! Not even a sniffle.
- And the one I was most impressed at: my eyes don't get as dry anymore so my contact lenses cause much less irritation and don't feel as uncomfortable when they have been in for hours.
- My skin seems to look brighter
- My hair doesn't look as dry and straw like
After just 7 days I can tell the difference and I will be definitely trying to drink more water every single day. So if you already drink 2 litres + a day then good on you, if you don't just give it a try for 7 days and like me I'm sure you will be converted once you see the benefits for yourself.
Here I am this morning, spot free!