Wednesday 16 December 2015

Christmas Party MakeUp Guide

As we all know, one of the best and also most stressful parts of December is the amount of parties that we need to get ready for. Our nails, tan and makeup needs to be in tip top condition at all times during the month, which isn’t easy when we don’t have any money and spend all our free time in Christmas pyjamas eating mince pies. My birthday is slap bang in the middle of December so I have an added party that I need to get ready for. So I decided to compilea little Christmas Party makeup guide to give you a helping hand.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
We all know what too many cocktails and drunken dancing does to our makeup, and it’s not pretty. For Christmas parties I always use my best primers to make sure my makeup does not budge all night long. My all time favourite and my most highly recommended primer is the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. This applies like a dream, smells lovely and does exactly what it says on the tin. No matter how many Mariah songs you dance around to, your makeup will stay looking flawless even if the rest of you doesn’t.

E.L.F High Definition Powder
This is a translucent powder that sets your foundation in place beautifully. My friends have all had a try of this and they absolutely love it. It’s great for taking away oily sheens without making your makeup look cakey. It’s really light and wearable and great for keeping foundation in place.

Seventeen Brows That! Brow Kit
This is one of my favourite brow kits, it has a pencil for outlining, a balm to keep them in place and a powder to fill them in, and also a highlight shade which is lovely on the brow bone. You can build it up as little or as much as you like, and you can create a really dramatic brow for those big nights out

Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit
This is perfect for contouring, with a lovely brown powder for contouring which isn’t too red or bronzey and a highlight shade which is shimmer free it is great for defining your features and making you look party ready. It’s really easy to build and easy to use, I have had so many compliment while wearing this.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick – Pink Quartz
This is my favourite highlighter ever! It makes an appearance at every big party event, and has lasted me for absolutely ages! It is filled with shimmer so is perfect for Christmas and has warm pink tones so it is perfect for cheek bones. Definitely worth the investment if you are searching for a great highlighter

Collection Work The Colour Smokey Eye Palette
This little palette is perfect for smokey eyes which is a favourite at Christmas time, there are a range of shadows to adapt and mix around to make the perfect smokey eye look. Paired with winged eye liner and you will definitely be party ready.

Revolution Ultra Professional Eyeshadow Palette - Flawless
This palette is great because it has so many different shadows to make so many different looks. It is perfect for Christmas as it has burgundys, golds, bronze and copper shadows all packed with tonnes of shimmer. People love a bold lip at Christmas, so it’s great to match it with a bronze smokey eye rather than blacks and dark shadows. Definitely a great palette if you are starting your make up collection, or if like me, you just have a palette obsession.

Avon Spectra Lash – Black
This mascara you can adjust between 3 levels to decide how much volume you want your lashes to have. It actually really works and the different levels definitely do make a difference. It’s a great mascara for adding party volume, the big bushy wand is also perfect for over false lashes, really easy to use and the formula isn’t flakey or clumpy!

Mac Lipstick – Brave
This is a gorgeous sheen nude/pink colour. It is perfect teamed with a smokey eye, it gives your lips a ‘my lips but better’ look. I can’t rave about this enough, my definitely favourite lipstick right now.

L’Oreal Infallible 24h Colour – Red Infallible
This is an amazing lip stain, it’s a bright bold red and stays put for hours, no matter how many encounters under the mistletoe you have. On one end is the coloured gloss, which is quite drying, and on the other end there is a moisture balm. I just keep topping up on the balm all night and it keeps the colour in place, looking shiny and also avoids drying. It smells absolutely divine and makes lips look very festive!

Revolution Fixing Spray
This fixing spray is so cheap and works perfectly at keeping your makeup intact all night long. Once I’ve finished my makeup I give this a little sprits and I know my makeup with stay put!

Angelica Nail Varnish – Brit Pop
This is the perfect party nail varnish! Filled with every coloured glitter you could ask for. It goes with any outfit, looks great and very dance floor ready. It doesn’t chip and is super easy to apply. Angelica is one of my favourite brands!

Hope you all enjoy the party season and have a mojito on me!

What are your favourite go to makeup looks for over the festive period?

2 comments:

  1. I love Make-up Revolution's palettes, they're amazing for the price. Plus you can't go wrong with a Mac lipstick!
    x
    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fixing spray. i actually love everything on this guide! great post.
    www.werenotexclusive.com
    bloglovin.com/blogs/were-not-exclusive-14130737

    ReplyDelete