Tuesday 30 December 2014

2014 Beauty Favourites

Well what an amazing year 2014 has been, I’ve been to London for the weekend to see Beyonce with my wonderful boyfriend, had a weekend in Belfast for my sister-in-laws hen party, had my brother and sister-in-laws wedding in Newcastle, spent a week in the Lakes with my boyfriend, had a week in Ayia Napa with my girlfriends, a long weekend in Wales for my boyfriend’s Sister’s fantastic wedding, had multiple romantic weekends away with my boyfriend and went to watch Lion King the musical! What a hectic, fantastic time!




This year I started my beauty blog, I signed up to a monthly beauty box and I also tried a lot of great and not so great products, so I thought it would be fitting to finish this year by talking about my favourite beauty finds of 2014.I have found some amazing cosmetics this year, but here are some of my favourites.



Soap and Glory Mother Pucker lip gloss in Pink Apricot. I’m sure a lot of you have already tried this lip gloss, but if not, then you need to! It’s a lip plumper, it makes your lips tingle a little and feel a tad uncomfortable but it really does make your lips plump up. The colour is really subtle so it goes with every outfit and can easily go over pink lipsticks to make your lips plump up while still have a great colour. It smells of cocoa butter and is really sticky so not great for windy days, but fantastic for nights out.
You can buy this for £9 at Boots





Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara in Black. I have tried a lot of great mascaras and this is definitely one of them. The wand is one that is made of stiff comb bristles which make your lashes look super long and make sure that they don’t clump together, definitely my favourite type of wand. It’s really long lasting and looks great during the day.
You can buy this for £7.99 at Boots



The Real Technique Blush Brush. This is one of my new products, I received this for my birthday a fortnight ago from my Mum and I love it. It’s so easy to use and just like all the other Real Technique brushes that I’ve used it works a treat. It spreads blusher evenly and is well worth a buy!
You can buy this for £9.99 at Boots – at the moment buy 1 Real Technique Brush get the second half price. At Superdrug they are currently buy 3 for 2 on Real Technique Brushes.




The Soap and Glory Perfect Ten Eyeshadow palette. This limited edition ten-shade palette is perfect for everybody. It has a selection of matte and shimmer shadows that all blend really well and are really pigmented. The Pink T shade is great for using to blend is shadows around the outside of your eye as it is really natural and the Minky shade is great to add a shimmer without adding loads of colour. The Black gold shade and the Smokin’ shade are great for creating a smokey eye.
This palette was Limited edition and I don’t think you can still buy it in stores, however it is still on sale on Amazon and eBay



Show Divine Thickening Mist. I received this is my Harvey Nics Glossybox for £30. You spray this onto damp hair before blow drying. My hair is really long, and because of that it is really heavy, so it’s hard to put some volume into my hair. I have tried a few thickening sprays and none work as good as this one. If you too struggle to add volume to your hair, give this a go!
You can buy for £35 at Harvey Nics






The Miss Photogenic Foundation brush. This brush is perfect for applying foundation evenly, the zig zag bristles make it really easy to apply foundation thinly and evenly while also avoiding streaks. Since finding this brush it has totally changed my makeup, having a great base is really important and this really really works.
Check out my Miss Photogenic brush review for other brushes at http://megandoesbeauty1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/miss-photogenic-makeup-brushes.html





The Collection Work The Colour Smokey Eye Palette. This palette is amazing and makes a smokey eye really easy to achieve, I have used this multiple times for nights out and people always compliment me on how good my eyes look. I love it! If you love the smokey eye look, give this a go!
You can buy this for £3.99 at Boots


Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?

What were your favourite cosmetics for 2014?

Follow me on bloglovin https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13049853

9 comments:

  1. I really wanted to get that RT brush this year! It seems perfect for my needs! The Miss P. brush looks interesting too! xx

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like great products!

    www.daisychains16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the mascara and it's my go to! I love it so much and agree completely! Also the S&G eyeshadow palette looks so good x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Real Techniques brushes, the blush brush is amazing! x

    The Modern Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely products!
    Your year sounds amazing!!

    xx

    Curvybird.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely products! I've always wanted to try a Real Techniques brush but have never bought one yet! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Show Divine's Thickening Mist sounds like something my hair needs! ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that mascara, Its one of my favs. I have also always wanted to try out the soap &glory pallet it looks amazing.

    Thanks for the follow on bloglovin!

    Nixie x

    Nixie-Pixie |Fashion | Beauty | LIfestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the Real Tecniques blush brush too!!!! I love the way it can be used for bronzer, blush and powder!! Its super easy to clean too!!! Great Post!
    -Annie
    http://abreathofbeauty13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete