Friday 2 October 2015

September 15 Favourites

It’s that monthly favourites time again! Another month over and another month closer to Christmas (sorry!!), after saying goodbye to September we can now welcome October, and undoubtedly welcome Autumn, woooo! (cue the countless Autumnal blog posts). September was a stressful month for me, filled with revision, exams, car break downs, buying a new car, having my new car hit by a runaway driver, hospital visits and finishing off the month with the all clear from my doctors and passing my exams! But even after ending on a high my usual makeup and skin care routine took a bit of a hit, this month my skin has been awful so there are a couple of skin care favourites and as I have worn hardly any makeup due to hibernating to study most of the month, there are only a couple of faves for when I have reached for the war paint!

Sk:n Blemish Control Lotion
£26.00 – buy here
What does stress cause? Spots! And I have had both of these in abundance this month! This stuff may seem a little pricey for 30ml but it definitely does it’s job. You apply a little bit on to your spots and they seem to clear up much quicker than normal. If you are someone that suffers from acne I definitely recommend you look in to this. You only need a tiny but, so it seems to last for ages! To read more about the Sk:n range, check out my recent blog post.

No7 Beautiful Skin Dry Skin Rescue
£12.00
I have combination skin, so I rarely use this product as it is quite an oily balm, but recently due to the stress, my skin has been much drier and flakey, so I’ve been covering my face in this over night and waking up in the morning to amazingly smooth skin. If you have dry skin, you should definitely look in to this, as I have combination skin, this is definitely not an everyday moisturiser,  but for when my skin is particularly dry I will use this, sometimes I apply it only to the dry patches (usually on my cheeks) and it clears them up over night. Definitely one for Autumn/Winter. Even though this isn’t something I use everyday, I couldn’t cope without it in my bedside table.

Lush - Let The Good Times Roll Face & Body Cleanser
£6.95
This is one of the Playdoh like cleansers that you add water to and it turns in to a paste. It is quite exfoliating which I love, as I love the feeling of a deep down scrub to get all the makeup out of my pores. It isn’t too rough on the skin, it’s a nice happy medium scrub. Most of all, I adore the smell, absolutely in love! Next time you go to Lush, please give this a sniff from me. If you’d like to see what else I bought from my recent trip to Lush check out my post here.

Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit
£5.99
This palette contains two powders, a contour and a highlight. The highlight shade is refreshingly matte, it’s really nice to have a highlight alternative to the shimmer packed powders you normally find in a contour palette. But what I really love about the palette is the contour shade, it is a lovely brown shade, not too orange, not too red, but a perfect brown. It is really pigmented so build the contour up instead of going all out straight away. It blends out super easily and it also has a great little mirror in it so it’s great for on the go. I apply this with my Real Techniques Contour Brush and I love it.

e.l.f High Definition Powder - Sheer
£7.50 – buy here
I bought this before the e.l.f strike so I am unsure how easy they are to get hold of now. I love this stuff, it blurs fine lines and imperfections and gives you a flawless look. I love this for nights out when I have caked myself in makeup, I like to put this over the top to make it look like skin. It’s fantastic for under the eyes to set concealer. I don’t like to use the powder puff as I feel I can distribute it better with a brush.  But after it’s applied it makes my skin just look instantly better!

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick – Pink Quartz
£33.00
I love my Shimmer Brick, it is one of my favourite things in my makeup collection and a firm year round favourite of mine! This has lasted me forever, I use a small amount of it on a fluffy brush and use it to highlight my cheek bones. It is a pink shade so it looks fantastic with blusher. I absolutely love it. This stuff never looks like glitter, it is the perfect highlighter shimmer. I also like to use it to highlight my eyes by just using the individual coloured rows.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick – 006 Pink Blush
£4.99
This is looking very short and stumpy and on it’s last legs, it’s a peachy nude pink. Quite subtle so it goes with a lot of makeup looks and outfits, it’s not one of those stressful colours that you need to top up and look after all day, it’s so neutral that it can just do it’s own thing without you worrying. Perfect for busy stressful days. Absolutely love this, and also love to mix it with my Revolution Lip Crayon that is a bright orange to make a gorgeous peachy coral colour for a bolder look.

Hope you enjoyed my monthly favourites this month, great easy makeup products that you can trust and some skin care to tackle stressed out skin.

Have you tried any of these products, what did you think?
What were your favourites this month?

4 comments:

  1. Aren't the shimmer bricks fantastic?! I love them!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shimmer brick in pink quartz is amazing! It is my go to highlighter.

    Keisha xo
    www.thechrysalisgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try so many of these, expecially the No7 Beautiful Skin Dry Skin rescue! x

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel really dumb right now, I never knew stress caused spots!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete