Wednesday 2 September 2015

August '15 Favourites

I know everyone seems to be moaning about waving goodbye to Summer but I am definitely welcoming September with open arms. Bring on the berry lips, fluffy scarves and comfy shoe boots! Throughout August I spent a weekend away in York in a log cabin on a stunning fishing lake, attended my Friend’s gorgeous wedding, attended one of my best friend’s little boys first birthday and also had a big night out in Manchester for one of my best friend’s 23rd birthday. So I’ve used a lot of different products this month, but here are a few products that I have kept picking up again and again all throughout August!






No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion
£9.50 – shop here
Because I was going away to York and I knew that I would be sporting minimal makeup to match my jumper and wellies, I would need to put an end to the horrendous breakouts that I was experiencing throughout July! This cleanser is my holy grail, I know that it never breaks me out, and I can trust it to add moisture in to my skin without encouraging breakouts! It’s not too oily and keeps skin looking fresh and even. Whenever I have problems with spots I go back to this cleanser because I know that my skin loves it and whatever is causing my spots won’t be my skin care routine. This cleanser doesn’t need rinsing off, so it was perfect to use in an eco friendly log cabin!

Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer – 1 Naked
£3.99 – shop here
After reading a thousand blog reviews I decided it was time that I gave this concealer a go, the colour is perfect for me and it’s really easy to use. It blends really really easily. It’s definitely brightens up dark circles and applies a highlight to where you need it. But if you are looking for a full coverage concealer to cover up blemishes then this probably isn’t the one for you. But a big thumbs up from me!

MUA Blusher – Bon Bon
£1 – shop here
I saw this as I was walking through Superdrug and when I saw that it was only £1, I thought it was definitely worth a try and I am so glad that I picked it up! The colour is a lot like my all time favourite blusher which was the 17 blusher in Damson Wine, which I don’t think you can buy anymore! If you can PLEASE let me know! It’s like a bronzey pink, it’s a really natural shade for me, nothing too bright and crazy. Applies really nicely and lasts well, definitely worth a buy!

Revolution Ultra Professional Eyeshadow Palette – Flawless
£8 – shop here
This is the perfect party palette. It has 32 shadows with a great mix of matte and shimmer shades. They are really blendable and there are so many different looks you can make from this palette. I have reached for this so much during August, there are a lot more shimmer shades than matte, so it’s perfect for a day to night look. There’s a great mix of nudes, bronzes, golds, reds and blacks.

Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara
£3.30 – shop here
This mascara is lovely, the formula is great, it doesn’t flake or clump. The best part of this mascara is the wand! It is a fluffy soft brush in a clever cobra head shape. This means that it grabs each lash to create length and volume! It really does work and it definitely thickens up lashes! It is also perfect for over false lashes, when a comb or stiff brush isn’t soft enough!

Rimmer Kate Moss Nude Collection Lipstick – 45
£5.49 – shop here
I know you are probably sick of hearing about these lipsticks but I have had some serious use out of this during August. It’s my favourite shade out of the range, quite bronzey pink but very natural. Lasts really well, applies really easily and looks stunning!

Angelica Nail Varnish – Sugar Daddy
£2.50 – shop here
I know that if you follow me on instagram or twitter then you will be sick to death of me rambling on about Angelica Nails but because their range is so HUGE I keep finding a new favourite and just have to share it with you all! Their varnishes last so well, apply really easily and there are a thousand colours to choose from. Sugar Daddy is a gorgeous pastel purple, it’s a nice twist on the nude varnishes that seem to be taking over the world right now! 
Read about the whole range here

Next Perfume – Gold
£14
I won’t ramble about this too much because you can’t buy this anymore, I bought this at Christmas and it is such a great budget perfume. One of my favourite scents, very sweet and musky. Hopefully it will make an appearance back at Next over Xmas!

Have you tried any of these products, what did you think?

What have you been reaching for during August?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of that concealer however that nail polish look gorgeous! I hope to see you over on my blog soon!
    Charlotte // charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that nail polish!! xx

    roseblvd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That palette is so pretty!

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The palette looks amazing! Might have to invest in that at the weekend.

    http://lifewithchlobo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete